Saturday, February 25, 2006

I think i'm in love..

i've vowed not to fall for an older lady years back... but i just can't help it.. she's so cool.. she's so pretty... SHE FUCKING PLAYS THE GUITAR MUCH BETTER THAN I DO!!! sigh. unfortunately i'm sure they're a lot of other guys out there who's very much in love with her too...

enter Shiina Ringo, 28. Vocalist and guitarist from the jrock(is it even considered rock?) band, Tokyo Jihen. you might think me shallow, but if you knew me, i was never into the celebrity idolization shit before. the closest i can think of is probably kylie minogue. now she's hot too, but i think shiina's hotter. omg, she's like so hot when she's singing and playing that guitar of hers... T_T

their music is a mix of jazz and indie rock, and i've never heard anyone this gd for a long time. infact i've placed the band like, no.2 on my list of fav band. of coz kamelot still takes first place, no one can upsurp them from their throne/pedestal, etc. but these folks rock. and the way they dress in their videos.. gives u a feel of 50s, where mambo and the mafia were a common thing.. like straight out of a scene in The Mask. dammit.

ARGH SHE'S SO PRETTY OMG.

this sucks. infact i've never like, really liked any other jrock band like theirs.. anyway since i have yet to find their mp3s(hope to get their album soon, when i'm out of my... debts) i have no choice but to post their mtv out from youtube.com. i will post the lyrics in jap first, followed by the translated one. enjoy!

Sounan by Tokyo Jihen

kono hana ga saite kareru made kitto
futari ni ha noru mono mo miataranai
sekisai no gendo wo ayamaranai you ni
nozomu mama hanasu kyori
kobamu no wo yuruse yo
tsui ni kowashite chakujiten ninshikikonnan
'ochiteiku.'
kou yatte ima koko de
kaika suru kizutsukeai no kaiwa ga
yokunai tane wo fuyashite mata sodatteiku
aa mou dou ni demo narisou na jitai
kotae ni kizuite mo mada otagai
itoshii to kanjiteiru hijyousen
enjyo shite.

fuyu ga kirai to iu hieta te ha
tou ni erabarete todoku kyori
tsukamu no wo yuruse yo
issou kowashite minamo ga haruka zujyou he
'oboreru.'
kou yatte ima furimuki mo sezu
itsukushimiau koto jitai
abunai to ha wakatteite mo damatteiru
aa mou dou ni ka naru kamoshirenai
kotae ni kizuite mo mada otagai hohoemiau mahiru
akai neiru!
datte shinjitsu nado ni kyoumi ha nai...
gehin na shibai de teikoku
hakanai omoi wo masshiro ni kakushite oite
aa mou dou ni ka naru tochuu no jibun ga utomashii
sayounara
otagai nita kotae no hazu
'deatteshimattan da.'


Translated Lyrics

this flower blooms,
no doubt, we won't find a ride
until it wilts
forgive me for refusing to stay as far apart as you ask
so we don't go over the weight limit
at last destroy, a landing point, difficulty recognizing *1 'We're falling. ' like this, here and now the mutally damaging conversation opens
makes more bad seeds, and brings them up
ah, the matter is getting out of control
even if you realize the answer, still
we both are feeling attatched to the police cordon.
'help me.'

already chosen
freezing hands that hate the winter
within my reach
pardon me for grabbing them.
destroy one layer, the water's surface far above my head *2
'I'll drown.'
like this, unable to look back
even though I know
the act of loving each other
is in and of itself dangerous, I stay quiet
ah, maybe we can do something about that
even if you realize the answer,
we're still smiling at each other in the afternoon
red nails!
I mean, c'mon, I'm not interested in reality...
our vulgar play is flawless *3
I hid my fleeting feelings in snow white
ah, I hate the way I am,
when I'm in the midst of working something out
farewell
our answers should have looked the same
'we found each other.'

Translated By: Brian Stewart & Takako Sakuma

Translator's Notes: Sounan means Distress as in "The ship's distress signal" or "Mayday! Mayday!".

* 1 - Here Ringo is using some word play. The image she creates is of a plane going down, after it crashes the passengers are ishiki konnan. Here she uses ninshiki konnan.

* 2 - I think this line implies she fell through the ice and is at the bottom looking up.

* 3 - No idea. Takko cam eup with this theory that their vulgar act (their relationship) is so perfectly timed that it's like clockwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home